Happy New Year Y'all!
I had passed out well before 2013 arrived.
It seems like 2012 was one of the longest years for me and
even though I did the reflection back and it seemed like maybe the year wasn't so bad, it sure didn't feel that way.
As I sit here in the dark, alone while everyone else is sleeping, it gives me an opportunity to reflect on the things I want to happen in 2013 and knowing that I am the one who is going to be able to make those things a reality.
1. Like most people I am want to loose weight. At the moment I hate photos of myself because this is the biggest I have ever been in my entire life. I am bigger now than I was at 9 months pregnant with any of my children. I can blame it on hormonal changes but the truth is that is only part of it. JT and I are both enrolled in Spring semester of college and since he has to have a P.E. credit, I am talking a walking class with him. Now that it is for a grade it becomes a requirement rather than an "Oh I don't feel like it today".
2. I am going to be making some modifications to my custody and child support orders. If we are going to be fair, we are going to be fair and right now it's really not that way.
3. I am changing my major. While part of me feels like I would love to be a nurse, the reality is there is not a way for me to go to nursing school. Rather than give up on my dreams of working in the medical field I am simply shifting gears in another direction.
4. I am going to be more responsible with my future and finances. Right now we are in the process of talking to one of JT's cousin-in-laws who sells houses for a living to see where we sit credit wise. I have a box full of bills that we have tossed by the wayside and did other things rather than pay them. We have a game plan to extend the life of our vehicles a little longer, pay off major debts and get back to living the life we both once had, one with good credit.
5. I am going to attend church more and be more active in church. This may sound weird to some of you but my blessings are tied to the church we attend. I could go into a long story but I won't. It is my duty to serve God in and through that place and I know it. Being more involved also leads me to.............
6. I miss having friends. Since I've moved here I haven't really made any friends, at least not the kind you hang out with. There are moms here and we are friends on FB or what have you but it's hard making friends in a small town. Sure I love hanging out with JT and the kids but I want and need some girl time. And for those of you who are my DFW friends, I would never trade you for the world and promise to work harder this year spending time with you guys too.
7. I am going to get more serious about taking pictures and about blogging. I love to write. I have so many things on my mind right now that I could create at least 10 posts (don't worry, I won't overload you today). Writing is the best form of therapy I can think of and along with the walking class, I am also taking a photography class. This past year I have learned a ton about blogging and hope to learn even more this year. I don't want a mega blog with millions of readers who really don't read anything I write, no, I would rather have a regular old blog with regular readers who like to read what I write.
8. I am giving up on a relationship with my parents. My dad's wife makes it impossible and now that my Nanny is in heaven I don't have anyone giving me a guilt trip on why I should call my dad. He didn't call me on my birthday, he didn't call the kids on their birthdays, he didn't call on Thanksgiving and he didn't call on Christmas. I got a Christmas card after I sent one to him but all it said was he sent the money for the kids to the ex - who they don't live with. As for my mom, well talking to her a few weeks ago was not just a challenge, it was typical. She lied right to me and still doesn't take any accountability for the things in life she contributes to. It hurts sometimes because I just want my parents to be parents but when I look back on my childhood they really weren't what or who I needed them to be then either. My entire life I adopted others parents as my own and at this point in my life I have built an entire family for myself an my children who we share no DNA with and you know what, we love it that way.
9. I am going to WORK ON not cussing so much. Again, if you knew my whole background growing up you would understand how cussing becomes a normal part of your vocabulary and it just comes out like any other word you learned growing up. The hardest part is when I get mad but it makes me sound like I'm trash and I don't like it. This one is going to be hard with JT too because he is a diesel mechanic and works in a shop full of men who talk like sailors but this is a work on goal.
10. I am going to be better to people. This last year I was very gossipy about others and I was quick to jump sides or pass judgement. This year I want to work on that and just be a better person overall.
I know goals are suppose to be very specific but these are my 10 goals for the new year.....
What are yours?